Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My boyfriend & i have been together since feb.10,2011...i stay

My boyfriend & i have been together since feb.10,2011...i stay overnight quite frequently, however i do not help pay bills, or rent or have moved any of my belongings in other than a cple duffle bags of clothing... is this considered as "cohabitating" with him & can his ex wifes attorney ask me for my financial declaration?
Submitted: 6 years ago via MyFamilyLaw.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Have you changed your address ?

Customer: Hi. Im actually waiting to be called as a witness...
Samuel-II :

A witness in a divorce proceeding?

Samuel-II :

If you have not changed your address and are not paying rent of contributing then you are a Guest.

Samuel-II :

And nothing more

Samuel-II :

You do not have to disclose anything regarding your financial records

Samuel-II :
If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck
Customer: I was only in court today for moral support when the attorney for his ex wife said she wanted to call me as a witness...
Samuel-II :

Oh my. Yes, you should not have been in the court.

Samuel-II :

But whatever

Samuel-II :

Here is what the court will consider

Samuel-II :

• The length of the relationship

• The time the parties have cohabitated continuously

• The nature of the relationship

• The extent to which funds and assets have been commingled

• The intent of the parties in question

Customer: My address isnt changed, but does it matter if i stay there every day, except when he has his kids becuz thats not allowed per the parenting plan. I dont receive mail there, i buy groceries for us but that is it
Samuel-II :

Given what you state, you would ot meet that criteria

Samuel-II :

You would not meet the above criteria

Samuel-II :