How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have custody of his daughter from a previous

Customer Question

My husband and I have custody of his daughter from a previous marriage and she by court order visits her mother once a month with additional time at holidays and extended breaks. She will turn 18 in August of this year, but will also start her Sr. year of high school then. Does the court order visitation stay in place until she graduates as the child support order does or does it end because she is 18 and no longer a minor? In addition if it does not end are we still obligated to pay 1/2 of the travel expenses once she turns 18? I have read the court documents and find no reference to whether visitation continues only child support. The original order is from a court in Indiana, but we reside and the child has resided in Texas for more than 6 years.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
It would typically end because she is no longer a "child", if the order is silent as to what happens.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Related Family Law Questions