How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28046
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I pay child support am do I have to pay a higher rate of

Resolved Question:

If I pay child support am do I have to pay a higher rate of the medical costs as well or are they split evenly.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 years ago.
It would depend on what your child support order says. You should re-read it and see if it references medical costs. Sometimes, the child support money will be used towards it or sometimes you will need to pay separate and apart from it. If nothing is mentioned, it would essentially be split 50-50 or you could even go so far as make an argument that the could support payments should be used towards it.
FamilyAnswer and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you