How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33734
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The father of my child has falsified paperwork to make it seem

Resolved Question:

The father of my child has falsified paperwork to make it seem as if he doesn't work many hours to pay less child support and i would like to appeal the court decision on the dollar amount given
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
Is there a specific question I could assist you with?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how to file an appeal for child support..i know that he makes more money and he had someone to falsify paperwork to say that he isn't making much money when i know the truth..what should i ask the court to prove that he is making more money..he didn't show up for the hearing yet he decided to wait till the last minute of the day to send in his paperwork
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
I'm going to have to opt out because "how to file an appeal" is legal advice and we just provide legal information. A subtle difference but an important one.

I could probably provide some info on the rest of it, but not on the how to file an appeal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok i guess so who do i talk to about how to appeal,an actual lawyer
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 years ago.
I am going to opt back in and hope you find the info of sufficient help to get you to ACCEPT the answer.

From your facts, an appeal isn't going to help you. An appeal is done based on what has already happened. You can't offer new evidence, so in this case even if you can prove that he falsified documents there is no way to present it to the Court of Appeals.

What you need to do is talk to a lawyer, quickly, about filing a Motion for Rehearing or a Motion for New Trial and develop the fraud that way.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992 and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you