How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to change my 6 month sons name, I live in Houston tx,

Customer Question

I need to change my 6 month sons name, I live in Houston tx, my son was going to get adopted by my ant so she named him at the hospital. At the end the adoptend did not happen.I don't have monye for a lawer. And the father is unknown my son was born in Houston teaxs.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
Good evening!

A petition to change a minor's name can be filed at the Clerk of Court's Office.

The link below contains instructions and forms for changing a minor's name.
This link is specific to Collin county. However, the instructions would apply in any Texas county.
The forms would generally be the same aside from the name of the county listed on the forms.
Accordingly, I know you'll find this link informative.

Related Family Law Questions