Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Hello I would like to know what the law says about an agency

Customer Question

Hello I would like to know what the law says about an agency which is hired by a childs parent to transport an underage teen against his will to a boarding school. Who is not in trouble with the law and hasn't been ordered by any legal agency to attend anything. The school I am talking about is part of a WWASP program of schools which has several law suit against them. But I was wondering if the agency transporting kids against there will has any legal right to do so. Also I know that when kids are sent to the school the parents turn over legal guardianship to the schools. So if the school has legal guardianship over the child how can someone who is not authorize this transport?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Can you please tell me more about the situation? Does this involve someone crossing into Mexico? How are you related to the situation? What is the background situation? Who has official custody?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes before my 16th birthday I was taken in the middle of the night from my home in california and taken to a boarding school in mexico (baja california,ensenada). That school was shut down about 5 or 6 months later because the doctors were not licensed and there were several cases of child abuse that were reported. As I understand my parents who have always had custody of me turned over custody to the school while I was there. Then hired someone who works for a company who takes kids in the middle of the night and transports them to these schools. Background info is that one day I felt sick and didn't go to high school my mom flipped out and threw a ketchup bottle in the back of my head when I got up for a drink of water so I punched a hole in the wall because I was mad. This was about my 4th hole that I punched though. So they called the cops who caught me smoking weed but didn't do anything because I had less than half a gram and then one of the cops told my mom about the school because he sent his son there and told her about a parents meeting that talked my parents into sending me there.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. How old are you now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
turning 23 june 21
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. And what are you trying to achieve here - what is your goal?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well my goal total is to receive retribution for medical problems I have because of these places but I want to start with and see if what these drivers are doing is legal because if it's not it will help me shut them down and hopefully help some kids in the long run. So right now I want to know if I can take legal action against these men because they had no badges showed me no proof or certificates that they were at all involved with any legal agency. And kept threatning me so I wouldn't run away, saying the would tie me up, hit me if I tried to do anything to get away.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
The problem here is that this boarding school is located in Mexico, which is outside of US jurisdiction. I am going to opt out in favor of another expert who is more familiar with Mexican law.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer, and I wish you luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How come no one has contacted since you dropped this file?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

It may take some time before an expert that is familiar with Mexican law picks up the question. You do not have to stay online - your question will remain active and an email will be sent to you when an expert picks it up.