How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My D.L. will be supended soon because of back child support.

Customer Question

My D.L. will be supended soon because of back child support. i have no income, how can i keep my D.L.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.


Failing to pay your required child support payments can lead to having your license suspended. If this happens, you'll be given a 150-day temporary license. During this period, you're expected to satisfactorily address your situation with the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS).

Further, You can file form FL-670 (

), Notice of Motion for Judicial Review of License Denial. This form asks the court to consider giving you back your license. The family law facilitator can help you fill out the form, but you have to file it with the court clerk. The court will make the final decision, not the local child support agency.






Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what can i say for the courts to except my request.
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
I can not tell you exactly what to say but you need to go to court with a plan. If you tell the judge that you will start paying when you can then most likely you will lose. Approach it from the view of the judge. If you child lived with you then you would beg, borrow or steal to make sure your child does not go to bed hungry so just because the child is not living with you full time is not a reason. I'm not saying that is your view, I'm just expressing the way the court will view it. If you are not employed then apply to any and every job you can and supply proof of application. Even if the job is something below your abilities still apply for it. Also have a realistic repayment plan to present to the judge.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i payed 1 time i cant pay again. but i thank u again.
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

No need to pay again.

I wish you well and remember judges like it when a father comes to court with a plan to attach the arrears.