AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

I have been married for three months. My new wife has sold

I have been married for three months. My new wife has sold her business in Alabama without discussing it with me so I could take CARE of her and she not contribute. She is manipoulative with my life. I want out. She is 63 and I am 60. Help!!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Please clarify:
What do you want to know?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
CAN I GET THIS ANNULED???????????
Unfortunately, annulments are rarely the appropriate remedy to terminate a marriage.
Contrary to popular belief, the fact that a marriage was especially short does not automatically qualify it for annulment.
However, if you can show that fraud or misrepresentation was involved, that could provide a basis for annulment.
Unless unusual circumstances exist, a divorce is typically the appropriate remedy to dissolve a marriage.
That said, with especially short marriages, there's often little marital property for distribution and there's typically no basis for alimony.