Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

In Virginia, infidelity is justification for divorce. Is there

In Virginia, infidelity is justification for divorce. Is there a statute of limitations for filing for divorce before the infidelity justification becomes null? In other words, if my spouse cheats, how quickly do I have to file for divorce before there is no longer justification?

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

A divorce based upon fault may be obtained on the grounds of adultery in Virginia. There is not a statute of limitations however reconciliation after knowledge of the adultery is a defense to the charge of adultery

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning my answer.