Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is the Michigan law regarding children taking pyscotropic

Customer Question
medication, and guardian signatures?...
What is the Michigan law regarding children taking pyscotropic medication, and guardian signatures?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2011
Family Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer
Welcome!

I am an attorney with 25+ years of legal experience and am working diligently on your answer while I await your response.

Please tell me:
did the primary custodial parent authorize the medication?
was the medications prescribed by a medical doctor?
what does your parenting plan state concerning medical decisions?
what is your child's age?

Thanks!
Daughter is 6. we have joint legal and physical custody. The script was given by a medical doctor without my input or knowledge of the appointment. The medication has been adjusted 4 times again without my input or knowledge of the appoitment. The medication made my daughter get sent home from the hospital, an EKG done, and I was never informed by my ex-wife. I work in adult foster care and deal with issues of guardianship. For us to pass psych meds we need the permission of ALL legal guardians.
what does your parenting plan state regarding medical decisions?
what result do you want and what action have you taken so far?
Ely, Counselor at Law