How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33474
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in FL with my boyfriend of 7 years. We have 2 children

Resolved Question:

I live in FL with my boyfriend of 7 years. We have 2 children together ages 3 and 5. I want to move to NC, but I am afraid to move the children out of state. What are my rights? Do I have any rights to our joint personal belongings. He claims everything is his, but I have been working for four years and he has been unemployed for a lot of that time.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
So long as there is no case pending or child custody order in place, either parent may lawfully move their children anywhere they wish.

The same is basically true with jointly held accounts and personal effects. You both have an equal possessory right and are free to take them.
Loren and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions