Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How do I leave my boyfriend with a 7 month old baby

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/1/2011
Family Lawyer: Brandon M., Family Law Attorney replied 6 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Hello there:

Is a custody order already in place?
No
Neither parent needs permission to leave the household. If an agreement can't be reached with regard to custody and visitation of the child prior to leaving, it is permissible to relocate as long as the other parent is allowed visitation that is "reasonable" until a court order for custody is made. If you decide to just leave, go to the family law division of your county courthouse at your first availability and request a "child custody packet"; it will contain all of the basic forms needed for getting court-ordered child custody.

I hope that this helps you to understand the law in your situation. Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney