How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I leave my boyfriend with a 7 month old baby

Customer Question

How do I leave my boyfriend with a 7 month old baby
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello there:

Is a custody order already in place?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Neither parent needs permission to leave the household. If an agreement can't be reached with regard to custody and visitation of the child prior to leaving, it is permissible to relocate as long as the other parent is allowed visitation that is "reasonable" until a court order for custody is made. If you decide to just leave, go to the family law division of your county courthouse at your first availability and request a "child custody packet"; it will contain all of the basic forms needed for getting court-ordered child custody.

I hope that this helps you to understand the law in your situation. Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.