How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I am unsure if you saw my last question, please contact

Resolved Question:

Hi I am unsure if you saw my last question, please contact me it is about the forms needed after the i-130 and i-129f were approved. Do I go the 485 route or do I need i-156 or i-156k or what. not sure.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

No, I didn't get your last question. they were both approved, the I-130 and I-129f?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On May 31, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Hi, I received this from their website today on the text message notifications. I have not received the paper letter form of this yet. I am writing you because I want to hear from you specifically now on what to do next. I did ask on here earlier to someone and they told me about a form Ive never heard about before so I decided to just come back to you since what you told me has worked so far.
The lady, named Judith, works for justanswer and explained that the form I-156 or I-156K will be next and that we will be instructed to schedule an appointment with the embassy. I am unclear if I am now supposed to fill out the I-864? as I have not done so yet? I have only done the I-130 and I-129F. Please tell me which forms to do and when. Also include info on what documents I should have waiting in hand when my spouse arrives at the airport to give in as well. Thanks again for your help.

My spouse is in the Dominican Republic (where she is a citizen), I am in New York (US citizen). I also want her to work here asap. If you need me to copy and paste our whole conversation from awhile back let me know.
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Judith was correct. there is nothing for you to do now until you are instructed and they will tell you what to fill out next which is the DS-156 forms and I-864 affidavit of support but you cannot do anything until you are instructed or they will reject it. also, there is nothing for you to have in your hands when she arrives at the airport. I outlined the forms to fill out to complete the process once she arrives and that is all you need to do once she gets here and that includes the work authorization application. Please refer to the last answer on this. for now do nothing and wait for instructions and follow them carefully. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
GeorgetownLawyr and 9 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I need to do a DS 230? is there any difference between that and the DS 156?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
yes for all immigrant visas. do not worry they will tell you all the forms you need to fill out and i have to be honest even as an attorney I wait for them to tell us what to do, it is just easier that way. Thanks and please be sure to click ACCEPT for the answers on the questions, so that both Judith and I may receive credit for our answers to you. good luck.
GeorgetownLawyr and 9 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you