How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am 76 and in my right mind. my granddaughter has power of

Resolved Question:

i am 76 and in my right mind. my granddaughter has power of attorney and is executor on my will. can i make her guardian or conservetor to make sure no one but her can make decisions for me now, if i can no longer take care of myself, or in death.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 6 years ago.

What you have done is adequate to protect yourself. The State will not allow a guardianship over a competent adult person (that would mean that she could make your decisions for you, even against your will).


However, if you want to be more thorough, you can form a trust and name her trustee. This is a common way to make sure that she is in charge. Your trust would be for your benefit while living and you would be trustee as long as you are of sound mind. Should you become incapacitated, she would become trustee. In addition, she can a general durable power of attorney.


This (a trust) is the most common way to ensure what you are proposing.

JPEsq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions