How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateFamilyLaw Your Own Question
NateFamilyLaw, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  I have worked with individuals regarding family law questions for 7 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NateFamilyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay my fieacee decided to go drink one night well he only had two, I didnt know, I

This answer was rated:

Okay my fieacee decided to go drink one night well he only had two, I didn't know, I called the cops cuz he was ranting and raving at the time I was scared, but now I know something was wrong he has never. Acted like that before, we have a no contact order in place that I don't want. On top of it all my fieacee and I own a business together, which I run the office what do I do. What do I do and no top of it all of people that don't know what happened are trying to get involved and harassing me. What can I do about this they are trying to go to the court. How do I keep them out of it.
Thank you for your question and welcome to

Who is harassing you, and what are they possibly going to court for?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well the people that are harassing me were family members that are no longer apart of my family. They are not going to court the court case is between my fieancee and I and the people who are harassing me are going so they can stir more stuff up. The harassing is these things they are doing like they have followed me around town, text me constantly ,and have gave my number out to men that I don't wanting my number, they were coming to my house yelling at me in front of my 2 year old I have left my house because of it and went to a friends house and now they are stalking me there as well .
Well, that sounds like harassment and stalking, and those are crimes. I would suggest you file criminal charges against them to make them stop their behavior. I don't see that you have any other choice.

You are right. The matter is between you and your fiance. You need to do what you can to make them stop, and I believe criminal charges are the only real way to do so.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!

Also, please keep in mind I want you to be satisfied. Please continue to follow up with me if you need more clarification.


Nathan Moore
NateFamilyLaw and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you I thought that's what I needed to do. I would need to do it in the county I live in correct or Can I where I am staying right now it is a different county then what I live in.
You have to do it in the county where the conduct actually occurred, whichever one that is.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have another question, I should be able to file the criminal charges even though they were apart of my family before, am I right.
Yes, that will not be a problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I also have another question how can I get a no contact order dropped on my fieancee I did not ask for it , him and I work together I run his office at his shop, and my daughter is also wanting to see her daddy he is the only daddy she knows her bio father walked out on us. how can I get this dropped and our bills are combined
I will be happy to continue to answer your questions, but please click Accept after I answer this question, as it is entirely different from the one you originally asked.

The "no contact" order is really up to you, save the harassment issues with your former family. You can petition the court to remove the order, but he needs to do some extensive anger management classes to give the court a reason to release the order. Usually, "no contact" orders are not prosecuted unless the victim (you) pushes the issue.