GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
46665915

HUSBAND IS ALIVE AND RETIRED AT THE AGE OF 62. THE WIFE WANTS

HUSBAND IS ALIVE AND RETIRED AT THE AGE OF 62. THE WIFE WANTS A DIVORCE, BECAUSE HE IS AN ALCOHOLIC VERBALLY ABUSES HER. CAN SHE GET HALF OF HIS PENSION WHEN DIVORSED.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

how long have they been married?
when did he start contributing to the pension plan?
when did the funds vest?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

LISA

THEY HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 42 YEARS.

HE HAS CONTRIBUTED ABOUT 25 OR 30 YEARS.

SORRY I DON'T KNOW WHAT VEST MEANS.

It's ok. it all occurred during the marriage. Yes she will be entitled to half the assets. It's a marital asset. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.