Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
3396227

Im pro se in a DC divorce. Spouse has closely-held corporation

Customer Question

I'm pro se in a DC divorce. Spouse has closely-held corporation that I'd like to join as a defendant. Do I file and amended complaint of a motion for joinder? Trial date is in 3 weeks.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.
Dear Isrockwell - You cannot join a corporation in a divorce case. The only two parties involved are the husband and the wife and the corporation has nothing to do with the family court system. If you have an action you want to file against the corporation you must do so in the general court division as a separate case. So there is no point in wasting your time trying to join a corporation in a divorce case.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
??
http://www.martindale.com/business-law/article_Luis-E-Insignares_1157328.htm