How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I pay child support every month. I make a direct deposit to

Customer Question

I pay child support every month. I make a direct deposit to my ex-wife's account. My ex-wife however wants to have the child support go through the state. If she turns me into the state will my current wife's salary be included in the difference or would it still just be based off of my salary alone?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

Joseph :

A couple things... First, a parents child support obligation is based on their own income, not the income of the new spouse. Additionally, whether you pay the mother directly or through the state, the support calculation shouldn't change, meaning there will be no change in your monthly payment.

Joseph :

Are you still there? Did you need anything else?

Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.


Thank you for your patience.