How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is a Thai Citizen. We have been married 4 years and

Resolved Question:

My wife is a Thai Citizen. We have been married 4 years and She is a legal permanent Resident of the US. She left me in August 2010 but visited occasionally withou moving back
to living with me. Now she has returned to Thailand and does not communicate with me.
She left her Job and left personal Bills to pay, not notifying the parties involved. She has an 8 Year old Boy, I am not the Father.
Edmund K. Seifert Jr.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I understand your situation, but I do not want to make any assumptions about what you are asking. What is the question that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What can I do to Divorce ?


Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You do not require your wife's participation in order to obtain a divorce. You would file for divorce in the typical manner and then file a motion with the court to allow constructive service. Constructive service is used when a party to a lawsuit cannot be located after diligent search and inquiry. A common type of constructive service is publication in a local newspaper.

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning my answer.
Ellen and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you