How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a Familt Court judge, or any other person, alter or refute

Resolved Question:

Can a Familt Court judge, or any other person, alter or refute a contract between the Social Security Admin. and a representitive payee?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

The answer is "No". A family court judge has no jurisdiction or authority over the SSA or what type of agreements they may have with a representative payee. Now, an administrative judge that hears cases pertaining to the SSA appeals or contractual obligations can most definitely modify or cancel an agreement between the SSA and the payee, but a family judge cannot as that is beyond the responsibility or authority. Typically the only parties that can alter a contract are the administrative judges for the SSA and also the SSA itself.

Good luck.
Dimitry K., Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you