How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My four-year-old grandson was crying on the phone with his

Customer Question

My four-year-old grandson was crying on the phone with his mother when he was staying at my house last night. My son gets him for the weekends until they have finished the divorce proceedings. His mother phoned back and demanded to talk to my son (he is 39). I said he was trying to sleep. She said that if he was not on the phone in 10 minutes she was going to be at my doorstep and calling the police. We live 15 minutes away. This is the second weekend we have had trouble like this. What can we do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Children do just what your grandson did when they are separated from a primary custodian, they cry, so there is nothing abnormal there. It sounds like the mother is merely looking for excuses here to create havoc. At this point, if your son's lawyer is never available you should have him consider getting a new attorney who is available and this is going to end up having to go to court and your son is going to have to push for family counseling and also parenting classes for both him and the mother with the child. This therapy would be the best way to insure the court they are resolving whatever issues the child seems to have with the separation anxiety from the custodial parent.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Related Family Law Questions