Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My four-year-old grandson was crying on the phone with his

Customer Question
mother when he was staying...
My four-year-old grandson was crying on the phone with his mother when he was staying at my house last night. My son gets him for the weekends until they have finished the divorce proceedings. His mother phoned back and demanded to talk to my son (he is 39). I said he was trying to sleep. She said that if he was not on the phone in 10 minutes she was going to be at my doorstep and calling the police. We live 15 minutes away. This is the second weekend we have had trouble like this. What can we do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/1/2011
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Children do just what your grandson did when they are separated from a primary custodian, they cry, so there is nothing abnormal there. It sounds like the mother is merely looking for excuses here to create havoc. At this point, if your son's lawyer is never available you should have him consider getting a new attorney who is available and this is going to end up having to go to court and your son is going to have to push for family counseling and also parenting classes for both him and the mother with the child. This therapy would be the best way to insure the court they are resolving whatever issues the child seems to have with the separation anxiety from the custodial parent.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer