How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Under Maryland if the initial Complaint was agreed upon to

Resolved Question:

Under Maryland if the initial Complaint was agreed upon to be uncontested and later the opposing party decides that she want to contest the Complaint, should I file an Amended Complaint? Also, the initial Complaint was pretty standard and did not include my story only a box checked for Adultery. Should I include a brief in support of the Complaint to substantiate my claim with added case law?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



What did you file exactly? Was it a form from the Court for an uncontested divorce ? Did she file an Answer denying the allegations?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I only filed a Complaint Maryland Montgomery standard Court form. Yes she filed an answer contesting the allegations making it contested instead of uncontested as originally agreed.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



You can Amend the Complaint to reflect no adultery. That is probably why she is now contesting it. If it was going to be an uncontested divorce, then there should be no grounds. Only that you have lived separate and apart as required. Once you amend to reflect no grounds, she should continue with the Uncontested Divorce


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Samuel II and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand that. But...Adultery is what is was. And now looking at the way she acted in reference to the Adultery grounds, she is now asking for Alimony, Child Support, Mediation, Settlement Conference, etc, only to delay process. At first she said she would not do any of these things, now I can't trust her to enter into a settlement agreement because of her vindictive nature. I have direct evidence that she committed the "Act" of Adultery and would like to know if that would have an effect on thw award of Alimony?

What is the percentage of a father's having Joint Legal custody of his children?
Is there a way to dismiss her answer? or strike portions of the answer?