How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116709
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in the middle of an adoption. We are in Upstate NY -

Resolved Question:

We are in the middle of an adoption. We are in Upstate NY - Ithaca area. The judge is asking us to do a post-placement study. Apparently a post-placement study is different than a homestudy. A homestudy requires several visits and is much more involved. Our lawyer has left this task to us to make things more affordable. My question is: Where can we find a service/professional to come to our home and do a post-placement report? I would really like to avoid contacting someone from social services. Is there an agency or some other service that can complete this for us? They would need to submit their report to our lawyer.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You need to use a child counselor or therapist to come in and examine the child in the surroundings and may conduct some interviews if possible and submit a report to the court. Most child counselors/therapists will perform the post adoption study and you need to look them up in your area and make some calls (since this site prohibits us from making any personal referrals).

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions