How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i live in fayetteville n.c,

Resolved Question:

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i live in fayetteville n.c, cumberland county, i pay childsupport for my two daughter one is, sixteen and the other is fifthteen they both have had a child do i still have to pay support for them.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed family law attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.


To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:


  1. Do they still live with the other parent?
  2. Are they employed?
  3. Do they receive any state assistance?



Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes they still live the other parent, no they are not in employed, i not sure that they are receiveing state assistance
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

Child support is typically terminated upon the minor child reaching the age of 18. Termination of support can also be brought about by the child marrying, joining the military or otherwise becoming emancipated.


Unfortunately, none of the facts that you have presented would lead to the termination of your child support obligation. So, to answer your question, the fact that they have had children of their own does not end your support. Having said that, if they become emancipated in anyway, your obligation would likely end at that time.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you