How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On March 1st, I had filed a motion agains my ex husband on

This answer was rated:

On March 1st, I had filed a motion agains my ex husband on 3 counts of contempt. 1. Did not cash in the 401K. 2. Impeding the sale of the home. 3. Not sharing expenditures of the children. (There was no child support as we shared them 50/50) Although I have had them 100% of the time since his hospitalization on March 24th. The home has been in foreclosure since January. No payments have been made since October. I have asked the family if I can clean it up, pack it up to put it back on the no avail. My court date is May 20th, but I just received notification that his attorney has filed an objection. I have no money for an attorney and am representing myself. What does this mean? What do I do now.
Thank you.



The Court will review the Objection and decide if your Motion should be dismissed. It is highly unlikely that will happen, however, based on what you present here. The Court will allow a hearing and your ex will need to come in and Show Cause as to why the Court Order has not been followed. The Objection is more or less procedural.


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck


Samuel II and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you