How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my 19 year old son moved in with me about 5 weeks ago. I am

Customer Question

my 19 year old son moved in with me about 5 weeks ago. I am still paying child support to his mother where which he lived, which is automatically deducted from my pay check. I have a court date of 4-19 to modify support, will I be able to get that money back?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

The court can retroactively modify the support. If the court order relates back to the time that you filed the petition to modify, the court may order the money returned to you

Related Family Law Questions