How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my 17 yr. old son wants to move in with me (father) and his

Resolved Question:

my 17 yr. old son wants to move in with me (father) and his brother, he now lives with his mother, can he move in with me before i have a court date?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

While you son may not unilaterally decide to move from his mother's residence to yours, based on his age, when you have the hearing to Modify Custody based on his choice to live with you, it is almost a certainty that the court will approve the move. Also make sure to have the child support Order Modified so that you stop paying support for him and your ex begins to pay you support.

I wish you and your son the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,


LawTalk and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions