How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i want to fill to do a Petition for Appointment of Guardian

Resolved Question:

i want to fill to do a Petition for Appointment
of Guardian ad Litem
and Trustee. we have a msc coming up and my husband is depressed and in pain also the presiding judge said i could show up instead of him when we did not have a lawyer. we have a lawyer again and i want to know if this is filled out if i can show up for him, it is signed and notorized
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

If you are not a party to the case you cannot represent him in court. However, his attorney can represent him. For a guardianship you would have to have a doctor sign off that he is incapacitated and file through the probate court.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the presiding judge said i could show up for him and the defendse agreed to it,then i showed up 2 more times after that and they were okay with it
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
A judge can allow anything he wants. However that is not the correct procedure and would be struck down if challenged. As long as the judge is allowing it and there is no objection then good luck with the case.
lwpat and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you