How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has joint legal custody of his 9-year old daughter.

Resolved Question:

My son has joint legal custody of his 9-year old daughter. Last summer, she lived with her dad. He & her mother had already agreed that the child would spend this summer with him too. Last night, her mother informed my son that his daughter is going to spend the summer with her 17-year old aunt. Does he have the right to object to this arrangement?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem. I am not fully aware of what prior steps you have taken.


Unless the custody order states the father has First Right of Refusal, then he does not have the right to object. However, if he wants to attempt to expand his time with the child to include summers, then he would need to go to court to file a modification of visitation petition and the judge can examine the issue.

Daniel Solutions and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions