Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Filing for joint custody. If neither the mother or myself(Father)

Customer Question
want child support as we...
Filing for joint custody. If neither the mother or myself(Father) want child support as we both make an equal salary and child support would equal less than $50/month, how and where do we ask that it not be ordered?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2011
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good morning.

RayAnswers :

You would add paragraph here to your filing saying that the parties have agreed to waive child support.That way the court can include this in any orders on the subject.If there is joint custody the court can waive any requirement for support and find that doing so is in the best interests of the child.

RayAnswers :

Something like ..

RayAnswers :

The parties agree that no support is warranted as there is joint custody and ask the court to not order support and find that it is in the best interests of the parties and the child to not order any child support.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

Customer:

Would the paragraph you recommend just be written on the state provided parenting plan worksheet?

RayAnswers :

Yes this would be fine and the court can then make such a finding and enter it as part of the orders on the matter.As long as both parties are in agreement and there is joint custody I do not see this as a problem.

RayAnswers :

I wish you good luck in court with all of this.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer