How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer Lori Your Own Question
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2161
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawyer Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can department of children and families charge a parent for

Customer Question

can department of children and families charge a parent for taking care of their child?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawyer Lori replied 6 years ago.

Lawyer Lori :

Yes, the state can charge a parent child support for the care of the children. While this may not be the answer that you were hoping for, it is similar to one parent paying child support to the other. Parents are liable to pay for the care of their children.

JACUSTOMER-kcugzfg6- :

I am talking about the department of children and families