Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

In the divorce decree there is a form VS-165 (Information on

suit affecting the family relationship)...
In the divorce decree there is a form VS-165 (Information on suit affecting the family relationship). What is this form and is it necessary to file?
4/1/2011
mkc1959
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney

mkc1959 :

Yes, it needs to be filed.

mkc1959 :

Form and instructions can be found at:

mkc1959 :

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please hit the accept button so that I may receive credit for this response.

Customer:

Thank you.

mkc1959
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney
I am the one filing the petition for divorce. Does this make me the obligee or obligor? And it also asks for a cause #...what is this?
You will get the cause number once you file the divorce petition. It will be given to you by the Court Clerk.

The Obligor will be the parent that has to pay child support. The Obligee will be the parent thar receives child support.
mkc1959
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney
mkc1959
mkc1959
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney