How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been order by a superior court of california, by mistake, to pay child support

Resolved Question:

I've been order by a superior court of california, by mistake, to pay child support at 27% when in fact I have them 43% of the time as agreed and noted by order from child support services/mediation. I've made these payment for over three years. Do I get credited by for the over payment
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry but no, you do not. Since it is deemed a legitimate court order (even with the mistake) and you failed to rectify this mistake right away, the order remains as placed on record. You absolutely can file and request a modification, possibly with a request to back-date the order from your filing date, but I do not see any judge actually give you full refund for the 3 years.

I am sorry.
Dimitry K., Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions