How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I never get an itinerary from the mom although her lawyer ruined

This answer was rated:

I never get an itinerary from the mom although her lawyer ruined our vacation last year with threatening to go ex-parte and take all my visitation away. We returned scared and the judge laughed the lawyer out of court, but it wasnt funny.

No I am not getting an iterinary for where they are going, they sold one car, my daughter talks about living in Washington DC and I also dont get a clue abut where they are going (usually they tell me visiting their parents, but they just did that seperately).

This is a high conflict situation and I am afraid they are leaving town.

Can I just keep my child and throw it in an ex-parte before she is gone forever? They took the whole month of April almost to disturb my visitation. Their lawyer threatened me with the state police and arrest if I didnt return from Phoenix, a kids waterpark!

They knew where we were last year, but claimed I wasnt allowed to leave the state, and there is no such order. I could use the same words as their lawyer's.

However my daughter is talking about buying a house and such. I have also the right to an itineray. This was the first time my ex said, 'probably my father' when asked where she was going with the evil step dad. She never used the word probably and has just recently visited there. Can I hold my child with me until there is clarity?

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed family law attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.


To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:


  • What does the court order state about travel? Are there any restrictions or notice requirements?



Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
30 days notice and an itinerary is required stating addresses, phone numbers, flight information etc.

she just gave me one

more importantly, the step father interferes with my parenting, screaming etc. I was always amicable with them until he wanted to adopt.

how do you get a step father out of the picture? he is ordered out of all exchanges, but he does show up.

As to the travel issue, it sounds like that may be cleared up to some extent as she apparently just gave you the travel itinerary. For the future, you should consider sending her a certified letter indicating that you expect her to abide by the court order regarding disclosure of all travel info. In the letter, you could indicate that any future violations will result in a motion for contempt. A judgment is only as good as you make it. As such, it is incumbent upon you to enforce the order.


As to the step-father, your recourse is similar, the filing of a motion for contempt. If you have a court order stating that the step-father is not supposed to be involved, then you should provide the mother notice that she is violating the court order and then, if there are any future violations, file a motion for contempt.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you