How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to find out if there is anything that can be done to

Customer Question

I need to find out if there is anything that can be done to remove my grandson from my daughter. I live in AZ and had custody of my 4 yr old grandson for 11 mos in 2009 due to my daughter being on drugs. My grandson had basically always spent more time with me than my daughter. When my daughter got out of rehab her rights were given back to her with no objection from me because she lived with me and I thought on a good path. She then met a man and moved out with my grandson after only a few months. My grandson is very scared of this man and says this man hits him. My grandson always has bruises on his backside. I have brought this to my daughters attention but she protects and defends the boyfriend. The boyfriend has even admitted to hitting my grandson. Finally 2 weeks ago I had my grandson over and he had 12 bruises on his backside so I called the police. The police took pictures and reported to CPS. CPS has been to house but most bruises were gone. Now it being 2 weeks there are no bruises which is good but to me just proves it wasn't my grandson falling, which is what my daughter was saying, but abuse and now that CPS is involved the boyfriend is stopping.....for now. My daughter now does not let me see my grandson at all. I promised my grandson I would help him and feel horrible he is living in a home where he is frightened. I don't have a lot of money for an expensive lawyer and not even sure how the state views these situations. Shouldn't the child have a voice?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 years ago.
What State are you in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you even read my email? The second sentence states, "I live in AZ". I don't mean to be rude but I have been waiting for an answer and to get a response and think I have advise when all it is is a question that is in the email is very disappointing

04/02/11. I still have not received an answer

4/3/2011. Is anyone going to answer my original question re custody of my grandson?

Related Family Law Questions