How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if there a open case in children court in wisconsin with the

Customer Question

if there a open case in children court in wisconsin with the the Buerau? Can one parent go to Divorce Court and file and act like she doesnt now where the other parent is? and if the parent has not been served then what?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



The party needs to be served. And there is a Certificate of Service on each document which the party filing attests that the other party has been served. So, they can't lie and say they tried and did not try.


If a party is not served because there is no way to locate them, then there can be service by publication wherein the information runs in the Legal Notice section of the local newspaper



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok so if there already a open case in children court will they still move foward on a divorce?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Yes, they can unless one party request there be a continuance due to a conflict