How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister is experience a lot of emotional turmoil because

Resolved Question:

My sister is experience a lot of emotional turmoil because of the divorce. how can she file a case against her ex-husband for emotional abuse? On what grounds can this case be on?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
Can you elaborate on the emotional turmoil, what's causing it, and what kind of abuse is taking place?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just typed up a 15-item series describing the situation that includes a lot of confidential information or situations that can be traced back to her/us. This is a public forum--I cannot and should not publicized my sister's situation. Please advise.

Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
You are correct in that this is a public forum and that there is absolutely no duty of confidentiality here.

If you can't respond to my information request, I can still attempt to provide some information if you'd like.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How can we request to move a hearing from one court to another?

Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.

Even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription

I only get paid if you click Accept.

Thank you for your question!

If one party believes that a different county is more convenient or more appropriate, the party may motion to change venue. That said, the details of such a motion would depend on the details of the circumstances and the reason for the proposed change of venue. The other party would then have an opportunity to respond to the motion.

Please do not shoot the messenger.
If you need clarification, please feel free to ask using the Reply feature.

I only get paid if you click Accept, even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription. Bonuses are greatly appreciated, though accepts and bonuses are entirely at your discretion.




Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. Information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney using, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

AttorneyTom and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you