How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33564
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my grandchild is fixen to award to the state thru cps. the

This answer was rated:

my grandchild is fixen to award to the state thru cps. the cps worker said i could fill for custody.the mother said she would sign the 12year old to me and cps cannot find the father ,who hasn't been in the childs life.he is suppose to pay child sopport which he doesn,t work.which i could care less about the child sopport,she has lived with me most of her life and i have taken care of her with no support from anyone. i need to know what papers i need to fill with the court? this is not the first case against the mom she has cps called on several times becauce of abuse and drugs.
Is there a court case filed already?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes on march 10 cps plans are putting her in states custody and she will stay with me but they will have say and ive tired of dealing with them their was 2 other childern which they were placed with their father
If a suit has already been filed you will file a Petition of Intervention in a Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship. It looks just the same as a Petition in Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship but you add the other language because there is already a suit file and you are intervening. You may want to go to the clerk's office and get a copy of one that has been filed by another grandparent who has a lawyer and use that as a guide. You can also consider calling Legal Aid and asking for assistance.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions