Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

the woman i had an affair with is being deposed tommorrow,

Customer Question
i have answer the complaint...
the woman i had an affair with is being deposed tommorrow, i have answer the complaint as having had an affair. what question can they ask her, since i have admitted guilt
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/1/2011
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
They can ask her when the relationship started and can even ask her about having sexual relations with you and the frequency. The thing is on these issues they can ask pretty much everything about the relationship, how much time you spent together, what you did when you were together. If they get deeply into the sexual relationship you can object based on the purpose being to embarrass, annoy, harass and you can stop the deposition to call the court if they refuse to stop and go to the court to get a protective order to get them to cease that particular line of questioning. Honestly, she should appear represented by an attorney to protect her privacy rights.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

other than embrassing me and her, i have already admitted guilt. is that questioning about our relationship private
No, it is able to be used in the trial and in trial you would get to stipulate to her testimony so it would not be read in court or she would not be called to testify.