How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i married a man in july 2004 and he went back to his county

Customer Question

i married a man in july 2004 and he went back to his county in october 2004..and havent heard from him since. im a single unemployed mother and would like to be divorced from him. how do i do this with little no no money?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - If you cannot obtain legal assistance you will have to file your own complaint for divorce. Many courts have forms available for the public so you should check with the clerk if courts to see if they have anything for your use. You can request that your husband be served by publication if you have no idea of his location and you can ask the clerk of courts to waive any filing fees if you have no money to pay them.


The only other place you might contact if Legal Aid is of no help is the Bar Association and I have included their website below for your convenience.


Dave Kennett