How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my husband signed over the house to me in a separation agreement

This answer was rated:

If my husband signed over the house to me in a separation agreement in Va when can or can I evict him?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Has the court-approved property settlement?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it is a private property settlement that has been notarized.
Unfortunately until the court has approved the property settlement evict your husband.

Virginia will typically honor the terms of a settlement agreement provided that you are each represented by your own counsel at the time of entering into the agreement and you have both made a full and complete disclosure of your assets.
Ellen and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions