How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through divorce, and judge has granted my home and

Resolved Question:

I am going through divorce, and judge has granted my home and 1000 dollars to my ex. The judge ignored the fact that I am sole owner of the home, and my ex had signed the quick claim deed. Under the FHA loan guidelines, the owner must live in the home. The judge also ignored the fact that I make $2300 and have bills to pay. After the order I am permanetly homeless, and do not have enough money to have food. The judge also made me pay $ 1500 to my ex attorney fee. The judge also ignored the fact that FHA loan, home deed, and title is under my name. If my ex default the loan, It will effect my credit not her. If she does not default, I will under her financial sowred for 30 years. Can you tell me what are my options. The judgement has siezed my right to exist. I want to sell the home as it is under my name, and lower down the spousal support of $1000. I have no children with my ex. Please help me.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time. I am very sorry to hear of your situation. However, I can assume that she had an attorney and that you did not. The other bad news is that if you do not pay you can expect the judge to put you in jail. You have ten days to ask for a reconsideration or a new trial. Immediately retaining an attorney and filing for a new trial is your best option in this situation. However, even if you get a new trial, it is very hard to change what has already been done. I hate to give you the bad news but I have to also be honest. You may want to consider bankruptcy.
lwpat and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you