How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son is starting kindergarten this summer, at this moment

Customer Question

my son is starting kindergarten this summer, at this moment his father and i share custody we have 50/50 joint physical i believe but i really would want him to have a stable home during school days, his father doesnt agree. i really want to do something about it but i dont know what to do.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

You can file for modification to the parenting plan.

Custody is subject to modification at any time there is a substantial change in circumstances that affects the best interest of the child. All matters involving children are determined according to what the court divines to be the best interest of the child. The child's commencement of kindergarten would suffice as such a substantial change in circumstances to warrant a modification.

You can find the forms and instructions at this link:

Related Family Law Questions