Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

my son is starting kindergarten this summer, at this moment

Customer Question
his father and i share...
my son is starting kindergarten this summer, at this moment his father and i share custody we have 50/50 joint physical i believe but i really would want him to have a stable home during school days, his father doesnt agree. i really want to do something about it but i dont know what to do.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/1/2011
Family Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

You can file for modification to the parenting plan.

Custody is subject to modification at any time there is a substantial change in circumstances that affects the best interest of the child. All matters involving children are determined according to what the court divines to be the best interest of the child. The child's commencement of kindergarten would suffice as such a substantial change in circumstances to warrant a modification.

You can find the forms and instructions at this link:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/1019.htm
Ellen, Lawyer