How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2510
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I files for divorce and I got a answer -which said RESPONDENTS

This answer was rated:

I files for divorce and I got a answer -which said RESPONDENT'S ANSWER TO DIVORCE
COMES NOW, John R. Harris, Respondent, files his Original Answer to Petitioner's Petition for Divorce and states as follows:
Pursuant to Rule 92 of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, Counter-Defendant generally denies each and every, all and singular, the allegations contained in the Counterclaims and demands strict proof thereof.
NAME CHANGE I am not asking the Court to change my name.
and a counter petetion which said
COMES NOW, John R. Harris, Respondent and Counter-Petitioner, and files this
Counter-Petition for Divorce.
*• I.
John R. Harris, Respondent and Counter-Petitioner currently resides atXXXXX New Orleans, Louisiana, 70118 but previously resided in Tarrant County for over five years.
Petitioner and Counter-Defendant Martha B. Harris currently resides atXXXXX Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, and has been a domiciliary of the State of Texas for the preceding six months and a resident of Tarrant County for the preceding ninety-days.
The Parties were married on October 28, 2001, and separated on or about July 1, 2010, ceasing marital relations. The marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personality which destroys the legitimate ends of the marriage relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.III.
There are no children born to or adopted by the Parties and none are expected.
Accumulation of community property has not occurred during the course of the marriage. Martha B. Harris, Petitioner and Counter-Respondent, is divested of any right, title, or interest in or to the parties' 2009 H3T, Vehicle Identification Number 5GNEN13E898125489.
John B. Harris, Respondent and Counter-Petitioner, is divested of any right, title, or interest in or to the parties' 2011 Camry Vehicle Identification Number 4T1BK36BX6U150577.
WHEREFORE, PREMISES CONSIDERED, John R. Harris prays that the Court grant a divorce and grant relief requested in this Petition, and any and all relief to which John R. Harris may be entitled.
Does this mean that he is granting me and Divorce without the the houes in disput and I can go alone with the counter petieton

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

Since his Response/Counter Petition, does not mention the house, the house would not be divided based on the terms of his Response. When was the house acquired? In whose name is it?

Steven Kincaid :

And are you agreeable with him keeping the H3T and you keeping the Camry?


so that means he is granted me a divorce free and clear with no metion of the House and Yes both our names is on the house- he first aggreed to let me stay in the house than he changed him mind- but now he is saing yes to divorce and leaving the house out correct- i just need to be Sure

S. Kincaid and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Yes. What you printed indicates that he is agreeing to a divorce and that he is not mentioning the house at all. It will, eventually, have to be divided/addressed, however.
S. Kincaid and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you