How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Domestic Your Own Question
John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
John Domestic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 17 year old daughter was on an MTV program recently. We

Resolved Question:

My 17 year old daughter was on an MTV program recently. We signed the consent form for her to do this pass summer, but had no idea it was going to be so "trashy". It's an embarrassment for our family as well as our State. She was not paid any money for being on this show. There was under age drinking taking place, as well as other inapproiate behavior. She was supposed to be supervise by the Mother of her friends. Can I take any legal action against the mother or bar they went in or MTV? Thank You, XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 6 years ago.

Thank your for asking Just Answer,


There is no civil liability for the mother or the bar for allowing your daughter to drink provided that she was not physically harmed. You could turn the information you have to local authorities and they may choose to prosecute criminally.

John Domestic and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you