How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my wife and I got a divorce a while ago, and I am in

Resolved Question:

Hello, my wife and I got a divorce a while ago, and I am in the Navy. I ave 2 sons with her and currently she has legal custody of the boys. We made an agreement a while ago that I will just keep the boys (because they were having some disciplinary issues) and she send back the child support... and nothing was changed in the court system. I spoke to her a few weeks ago, and she plans to go back to the attorney and have the courts grant legal custody to me; however, her lawyer said that I will still be paying her child support. How can this be?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LADY LAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today. If custody is granted to you, child support needs to be modified as well. I am not sure if you misunderstood or if the attorney is just trying to pull a fast one, but you should not be paying her support if you have custody of the children. You NEED to get this modified through the courts or she can make you pay support as far as the way the order reads now. Please just let me know if you have any more questions. :) If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.

LADY LAWYER and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you