How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i claim my 24 year old son whom i supported all year he

Resolved Question:

can i claim my 24 year old son whom i supported all year he did not work
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 years ago.



If he lived with you for more than 6 months during 2010 and he does not claim himself on a tax return and he cannot be claimed as a dependent on anyone else's tax return either, then you can claim him as a dependent on your federal and state tax returns for 2010. Here is a link to IRS Publication 501 which explains the rules for claiming persons as dependents on your federal tax return:




Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.



Legalease and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions