Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

i got the protective order rescinded on the fact that she lie

i got the protective order rescinded on the fact that she lie on it also broke it her selft
my other question is i have file for her green card since the i have withdraw my petition so her status is now illegal but she still has a driver lic which i got for her while been sponser if she get in a acendent can i be held respondciblle for payment if it is her fault since the vichicel is belong to me if so how can i have the d.m.v revoke that permit .
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
while been sponser if she get in a acendent can i be held respondciblle for payment if it is her fault since the vichicel is belong to me if so how can i have the d.m.v revoke that permit .

If your name is XXXXX XXXXX vehicle, then yes you will be responsible regardless of the status of her driver's license. It would be better if you can reclaim the vehicle.

As to the driver's license, if that person is now illegal in the US, they should not have a driver's license. Whether it will be revoked depends on what the DMV will elect to do. All you can do is report to the DMV. The agent will decide what to do with the information you give them.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.