How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you get the court to declare a person as a vulnerable

Customer Question

How do you get the court to declare a person as a vulnerable adult? If person is 54 yrs old never on disability because parents would not file, can drive car, but listens and believes whoever he/she is with at time. Desires men affection and is capable of sneaking around behind 87 yr mother's back. Mother considers normal, extended family all aware that she is not and very vulnerable to any one who pays any attention to her in pants.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

Unfortunately I do not see sufficient grounds to have the 54 year old declared incompetent. However, her mother is the one that seems to need either a POA or guardian in order to protect her assets from the daughter. That would be the better way to proceed at the current time.

Related Family Law Questions