AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
10805288

we are getting divorce now, he said he got no bonus this year(

we are getting divorce now, he said he got no bonus this year( his bonus equals 1 time or 2 times of his salary. What if he got the bonus from his german company but ask them to put it in his german account? can I find it out here in the U.S? or I have to hire a german lawyer to find it out if I want to check?
Hi again, it is nice to see you.

With regard to your post:

we are getting divorce now, he said he got no bonus this year( his bonus equals 1 time or 2 times of his salary. Not terribly credible is he?

What if he got the bonus from his german company but ask them to put it in his german account? can I find it out here in the U.S? If you file for divorce here in the U.S., part of your financial disclosures will be income including bonuses, providing tax returns, etc. You can make an argument to the judge that the husband needs to sign an effective release so that the German co. will send your attorney his tax statements (the equivalent of W2 here, I suspect) so you do not have to rely on his incredible claim that he went from a double the salary bonus to none.

or I have to hire a german lawyer to find it out if I want to check?
As of now, it is likely private information that is not available, at least not legally. But your court can order that he provide the official proof of ALL income from that employer or else his usual full income from those recent years will dictate.

Good luck!

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com, and so my PRO BONO work for the disabled may continue into 2011. ARE YOU A SUBSCRIPTION CUSTOMER? Please ACCEPT on all helpful answers – there is NO CHARGE TO YOU and it assures you my assistance in the future. You may always follow up with me after doing so. Positive feedback and a BONUS added to your donation are also always appreciated. Thank you and the best of luck.

-------------